Saturday, January 11th, 2014 (1:30-7:30pm)
Sunday, January 12th, 2014 (1:00-5:30pm)
$300 pre-pay by December 15th, 2013 /$350 thereafter
Join sisters Rosey and Annie for a kid’s yoga teacher training that will prepare you well for teaching kids yoga in a variety of settings (ex. schools, yoga studios, enrichment programs, therapeutic settings).
Rosey and Annie are both yoga teachers and Licensed Clinical Social Workers who are passionate about teaching yoga to kids. Their first yoga teacher was their mother who inspired their spark for yoga and mindfulness based practices.
This two-day teacher training gives you the opportunity to learn about the joy and delight of teaching yoga to children and families. In this foundational course open to yoga students and teachers of all levels, you will dive into yoga’s powerful and potent teachings and develop skills to share the gift of yoga with children 3-12 years old. Rosey and Annie create a fun, safe, supportive environment for learning, connection, reflection and laughter.
One year of yoga classes recommended.
In this training you will learn-
- Fun, engaging yoga poses, partner poses and games
- Breathing exercises, visualizations, mindfulness and relaxation techniques
- How to develop and sequence children’s and family yoga classes
- Ways to tap into children’s innate creativity and humor through the use of music and story telling
- Strategies to create a safe and supportive environment that addresses differing levels of students needs
- How to utilize a strengths based approach and develop a deeper awareness of children’s behaviors
For more information about the course or to chat with the facilitators please email [email protected]